The Belton lease, located in Muhlenberg County, KY offers a very long history to draw from. When I say history, I mean it. Located on 3,000 plus acres, there are wells that were drilled early as 1939. That is nearly 80 years of information to dive into. From a genereal standpoint, I can reference and locate as many as 25 wells on the property. I will be using some different methods to locate more wells, which I believe are out there, but have been covered up and forgotten about.
This is the largest lease we have gotten to date. Conceivably, over 250 wells could be drilled on the property. Below, I posted a map. Although it is crude, it will give some idea of the scope of this operation. I manually added each dot on the map to represent a well. It is not to scale, but will work for illustartion purposes. Each orange diamond is an existing oil well. As you can see, it is huge area to develope. Electric and roads are already in place as well, which is a big bonus.
The #3 well was drilled in 1956 to a total depth of 1,614 feet. While drilling they penetrated 35 feet worth of payzone in the Jackson sand. It only takes a few feet worth to make a decent well. Once on pump, it opened up making 35 barrels of oil per day. Back in the 50's and 60's, drillers were not very keen on keeping accurate records and were known to give diminshed oil production numbers to the state for fear of the competition drilling next to them. I have already placed a new pumping unit over the well and have run to power to it as well. The Jackson sand has a solid and well documented history of years of production.
Belton Lease Muhlenberg County, KY 3,000+ Acres
Pulled Directly From Google Earth. Not Exactly To Scale
Update: 2/15/16 I have already gotten the pumping unit placed over this well. I need to flowlines, a small job and this well will be set to go and make oil again.
Update: 2/28/16 Over years and years crud, for lack of a better term settles in a well. My next step, while I have the rig over the well, is to have it cleaned out. a day or two delay. The pumping unit is set and ready to as well.
Update: 3/3/16 I made it out to the field today and added some "well solvent" to this well. From what i have gathered from others and researching, there is a possiblity this could free up the #3's down hole pump. Maybe so, maybe not. Either way, it will help clean it out. I have this well and the #6 scheduled to be pulled, cleaned, and put back into production as soon as the weather breaks.
Update: 3/21/16 The well workover crew pulled the rods and downhole pumpout of the well today. They refurbished the pump and ran all equipment back into the well and turned it on. It started making oil immediately! Tomorrow, I will run flowlines into the tank and get it on a pumping schedule. Congratulations, once again.
Update: 3/22/16 Flowlines and power are hooked up. Well is set to go. Over the next few days, I will be working with it, finding optimum times to pump it.
Update: 3/28/16 This well came alive today in a big way! I ran it for 1 1/2 hours and it was still ready to go. I estimate I put at least 10 barrels in the tank. Next move is to get it it's own tank battery.
Update: 4/5/16 I added an additional 45 minutes to the pump cycle. I estimate it is running 2 hours and 45 minutes per day. If it keeps this up, I wll add some more time to it. It has almost filled up its tank battery.