The Belton lease, located in Muhlenberg County, KY offers a very long history to draw from. When I say history, I mean it. Located on 3,000 plus acres, there are wells that were drilled early as 1939. That is nearly 80 years of information to dive into. From a genereal standpoint, I can reference and locate as many as 25 wells on the property. I will be using some different methods to locate more wells, which I believe are out there, but have been covered up and forgotten about.
This is the largest lease we have gotten to date. Conceivably, over 250 wells could be drilled on the property. Below, I posted a map. Although it is crude, it will give some idea of the scope of this operation. I manually added each dot on the map to represent a well. It is not to scale, but will work for illustartion purposes. Each orange diamond is an existing oil well. As you can see, it is huge area to develope. Electric and roads are already in place as well, which is a big bonus.
Belton Lease Muhlenberg County, KY 3,000+ Acres
The #4 well was drilled in 1958 to a total depth of 619 feet. While drilling they penetrated 13 feet worth of payzone in the Pennsylvanian sand. It only takes a few feet worth to make a decent well. Once on pump, it opened up making 5 barrels of oil per day. Back in the 50's and 60's, drillers were not very keen on keeping accurate records and were known to give diminshed oil production numbers to the state for fear of the competition drilling next to them. I have already placed a new pumping unit over the well and have run to power to it as well. The Pennsylvanian sand has a solid and well documented history of years of production. I spoke with a farmer, who has lived on the adjacent property, his whole life and he remembers when they brought this well in. I have a pumping unit already placed over the well. I need to install some new bearings in it and it will be ready to start pumping again.
Pulled Directly From Google Earth. Not Exactly To Scale
#4 Giving up free oil without using pumping unit
Update: 2/15/16 The pumpjack is over the well. I have to replace two bearings inside the gearbox, a 1/2 hour job, when it stops snowing. Other than some minor work, this well is ready to go and start making oil again.
Update: 3/17/16 I scrapped the original yellow pumpjack and brought in another one today. I got the well set and ready to go, I only need power hooked up. I manually pumped the well, with some equipments, and it started giving up oil. I will have this in production immediately.
Update: 4/5/16 Drilled holes and set power poles yesterday. I ran the service wire to give the well power as well. I have a little work to get power completely done. Pumpjack is already set on the well. I should have this going in the next few days!
Update: 5/9/16 I have some minor power box work left, but planned on putting a motor on the well today and start it up, mother nature had other plans. I hope to be out tomorrow and get it going for us!