Belton #6 Project
Research & Development
The Belton lease, located in Muhlenberg County, KY offers a very long history to draw from. When I say history, I mean it. Located on 3,000 plus acres, there are wells that were drilled early as 1939. That is nearly 80 years of information to dive into. From a genereal standpoint, I can reference and locate as many as 25 wells on the property. I will be using some different methods to locate more wells, which I believe are out there, but have been covered up and forgotten about.
This is the largest lease we have gotten to date. Conceivably, over 250 wells could be drilled on the property. Below, I posted a map. Although it is crude, it will give some idea of the scope of this operation. I manually added each dot on the map to represent a well. It is not to scale, but will work for illustartion purposes. Each orange diamond is an existing oil well. As you can see, it is huge area to develope. Electric and roads are already in place as well, which is a big bonus.
Belton #6 Re-start Well Specifics
This is the exact reason I wanted to get this lease. There are many wells on the property that were drilled and never produced. This is one of those wells. From doing reserach on the Kentucky Geological website, it says this well was drilled inthe 1950's, but in talking with a local farmer, he tells me that it was drilled a few years ago and never produced. The leaves some question marks in my head. The individual I was speaking with informed a company drilled in, nearly completed it, and packed up and left for good. I will be running a very complex test on it, to see if there is any oil in the well. I will be taking a weighted string and dropping it in the well bore. This simple test will give me some solid information to use.
The star indicates the #6 well
Live oil from running string test down the #6 well
The pumping unit and rods for the #6 well
Update: 2/17/16 My next move on this well is to drop the weighted test line down the hole. I can get a rough estimate of depth and what is actually in there. In just looking at the wellhead equipment, it appears to have nearer equipment on it, that indicates to me that it may only be less than a decade old.
Update: 2/22/16 One of the pictures, up above, is where I ran a test line down in the wells. I was very pleased with the results to say the least. The other picture above is 95% of the equipment that will go in this well. I still have to locate a few rods and a downhole pump over the next few days. Again, I will be battling the weather.
Update: 2/28/16 We got all of the equipment in the well only to find that it is clogged with sediment. Over years and years crud, for lack of a better term settles in a well. My next step, while I have the rig over the well, is to have it cleaned out. a day or two delay. The pumping unit is set and ready to as well.
Update: 3/17/16 The weather allowed my workover rig back over this well today.
Update: 6/3/16 Pulling rods out of the well today. The 3rd rod from the top is covered in oil, which means the entire hole is. Tomorrow planning on finishing up getting rods out and and running tubing back in. I am in a hurry to get this one up and going.